Sunday, January 31, 2010

Can babies hear in the whomb?

I say YES. Ashlyn has always loved Nascar and Football and So You Think You Can Dance, which Nate and I watched alot while I was pregnant. Of course she could just love to watch moving noisy things. I have been watching Gilmore Girls lately and everytime the theme song comes on she imediatly stops what she is doing, turns around and starts clapping. Once the theme song is over she is done with it. She dosen't do it for any other shows, well maybe elmo. I used to watch it at least once maybe twice a day ( yeah I know I am obsessed ), so its like she remembers it or something.

What do you think? Do you have any stories like this?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I absolutely think that babies can hear in the womb. I've hear multiple stories of women playing music for their unborn children and having the children love that particular music when they are born.

My mom loves to sing,and sang regularly while I was in-utero, and I still to this day get lulled by the sound of her singing

Devin & Nikki Choules said...

Um as an audiologist in training, I can tell you that by 20 weeks their hearing system if full functioning. So they can hear, but it is like you trying to hearing with your head underwater.

Cristi said...

I am obsessed with gilmore girls too! i have every season :) my new girls name is Lorelai... hehehee