Saturday, December 19, 2009

Fundraiser

This is from my dada email and i thought that it summed everything up nicely!

Hi everybody,I would like to apologize for the people that donated items and did not get them into the raffle or auctions. It wasn't that we did not want them there, it was because we were overwhelmed with what items we got and the RSVP's we received the final day. It really caught us off guard, we had no clue of what we were up against. When I made the decision to do the pulled pork by ourselves we were sitting at 75 people, figuring maybe 150 people. That is just a little bit under the 429 people that paid for dinner, I am responsible for that decision. I figured dinner was the first thing on our list we needed to take care of. I hope everybody was satisfied with what the "PULLED PORKING" team from Boswell Olsen and the side dishes prepared by Marvellous Catering. If not I will send you your money back. Going from 50 pounds of pork to 250 pounds in a couple of days for people that do millwork and doors for a living is a little bit of a task. It was our main priority to get people fed and try to find some seats for everybody to eat. Luckily the owner of My Noah's, Bill Bowser, was remodeling rooms on the third floor. I told him my dilemma and he made the room he was working on presentable for serving people that night. THE PEOPLE AT MY NOAH'S ARE SOME OF THE BEST PEOPLE YOU WILL EVER MEET. They did every thing possible from moving people upstairs that had booked rooms on the first floor so we could fit the first wave of people in to helping clean up from midnight to one in the morning. Thanks Bill for your generous donation of using your facility.As for the items that never got put into the the auctions or raffles if you want to come and get them you can. Some people already have.If people want I can list them for a while and we can have a little auction on line on this Blog to sell these items off, or we can give them to Nate and Kendall and see what they want to do with them. Most of them are food coupons and overnight stays at some really nice places.The only things I want to auction off is the Ginger bread house that Marc Grill completed on time and Kelly put it up on a shelf so Ashlyn would not destroy it and Maurine Mcquivey's facials. My opening bid is 100.00 dollars a piece, 300 dollars total. Anybody wanting to bid higher let me know. This is the first banquet that i have never bid on anything or bought raffle tickets too, you people had me too busy. I will put up a list tomorrow on what items are left over.In closing, the people that attended the banquet, bought tickets for the Vespa and television raffle, my employees, friends (I hope they still are), my brothers Craig and Kim, The Mule Deer Foundation, Mike Laughter who lost his best friend a day before fundraiser and still showed up, Wayne from MDF who took all your money and knew how to run a credit card machine, Ducks Unlimited Gerald Olsen who looks good in leather chaps, Rick Britton who runs the Ducks Unlimited in Utah County, Scotty from Flirts who ran the bar, my children, Danielle and Andy and John Bair the auctioneer, anybody that can sell four of my turkey breasts for 100 dollars a piece, sell a gun back to the same guy that donated it and best of all sell our golf tournament for 1,000 dollars per person, (by the way if anybody wants to by one at that price, I have only 68 spots left, the proceeds will go to Nate) is pretty good auctioneer in my eyes. Bart, my cousin from Olsen's Greenhouse who had to go back and buy some Poinsettias to supply the tables. Also, thanks to the gal that gave me the pink envelope at the night of the auction. We had a successful night. If you'd like to know how much was raised, give me a call. Thanks all you people, you are the greatest. I now need to go set up Kelly's Christmas tree for her while she's still out shopping. She is getting really sick and hasn't had much energy to do much today so she put me in charge of babysitting and decorating. She didn't think it was funny that I put a strand of lights around the box. Another in closing, Rick Huffman, we have your knife sheath and box. Call me and we can get that to you. And anybody else that needs to know anything else about the auction, if you lost stuff or still need stuff, contact me - 801.787.9022. Don't call tonight, I'm going to bed. Since I don't know all 400 people's email address that came last night, please pass this message of thanks on to anybody that came.
Thanks again, I appreciate everybody's supportClint

No comments: