Thursday, April 30, 2009

Random memories of the hospital









I was in the hospital for 4 days. it got old fast i had a cathader for most of my stay so i couldn't really go anywhere, plus with the c-section they didn't want me to move much. i was so excited to see all of my family and friends there; at one point i had 20 people in my room everyone decided to come all at once.

The fist night at the hospital i had a hard time sleeping because my face kept itching so every like half hour i had to call in the nurse so that i take the medication that gets rid of the itching.

nursing has been going very well. i am so glad because i stressed about it. at the hospital she mostly slep. ashlyn was a very good baby.
Nicole Swan is one of the best nurses there. she was a favorite. request her if you get a chance! she is on the second floor. the day that she was my nurse is when the post partum depression started and i cried so hard after she left. this was the 3rd day at the hospital, and it was just nicole and I which could be why i felt so connected to her when she left.

I was swollen for an extra day and had to moniter my pee outtake. i had to use a bladder scanner which is kindof like an ultrasound for your bladder. i once peed 1000 ounces at once i was shocked no one had ever heard of such a thing.










2 comments:

Unknown said...

i forgot about the itching! lol i was itchy on my face too! darn medication.

Unknown said...

Holy pee Batman! I'm sorry about the depression. How are you doing now? Ashlyn has the cutest cheeks I have ever seen! ooooh! I just want to squeeze them!